Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Baked Salmon with Mushroom sauce

We got fresh frozen Salmon from my husband's father, and today I want cook with a fish. I was browse to my recipe collection, and I found recipe from The Prepared Pantry. 

I didn't follow the original recipe, I've tried to substitute chicken with Salmon also I made my own seasoning. I made my own taste and trust me, it's turn out so good. 

Beside, the salmon pours with mushroom sauce, without it the salmon with my marinated recipe are delicious. So, you can choose in here, whether with the sauce or not.

Suggestion serving for this dish is steamed vegetables and potatoes - you can steamed or fried it.

Here, I will share the recipe with you and maybe give you some ideas.

Please don't hesitate to drop me any comments or questions regarding this recipe, I need it to improve my cooking in the future. Thank you :-)

Source : The Prepared Pantry modified by Desy

What you need :

- 15 oz Salmon, if frozen, thawed

Marinated Seasoning Ingredients :
- lime juice
- salt
- freshly ground pepper
- olive oil

Mushroom sauce ingredients :
- 1 cup thinly sliced Button Mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly slice
- 1/3 cup dice onion
- salt
- pepper
- 2 teaspoon corn starch or all purpose water and dissolve with 2 tablespoon of water in a bowl
- 100 ml milk
- 50 ml chicken/beef broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil for saute

Make it :

1. Preheat oven for 400 degrees F.
2. Marinated Salmon with mixed olive oil, salt, pepper and lime juice. Let it rest for 15 minutes at room temperature.
3. In baking dish, spray with oil, then place the marinated salmon, bake for 15-20 minutes.
4. Sauce : In a hot wok, heat oil and butter then add garlic and onion, saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add sliced mushroom, saute for 3 minutes then add milk and broth.
6. Adjust taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes then add mixed cornstarch+water for thickening the sauce. Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
7. Place baked salmon into prepared dish then pour with mushroom sauce. Serve hot. Enjoy.

Preparation : 5 minutes
Cooking : 20 minutes

Servings : 2 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment