Friday, March 13, 2009

Baked Chicken marinated with Indonesian spices ( Ayam panggang bumbu rujak )

I searched and typed some words on the Google.com, I got one that would be perfect. I reducing and adding some ingredients as my desired. It wasn't hard to make if you have all the ingredients in place. How about the taste? Hmm, the chicken is tasty and I would repeat to make this dish.

Here, I will share the recipe with you and maybe give you some ideas.

Please don't hesitate to drop me any comments or questions regarding this recipe, I need it to improve my cooking in the future. Thank you :-)

Source : Herti's Kitchen Gallery modified by me

What you need :

- 4 chicken thigh or breast
- 2 Indonesian bay leaves (I skip this because I didn't have it)
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, teared
- 1 lemongrass, bruised
- 200 ml coconut milk (I substituted with whole milk)
- 1 limes for drizzling the chicken
- 1 teaspoon oil for saute

Spices grind into a paste :
- 1 teaspoon ground red chili or 3 pieces red chili pepper, you can reduce as you desired
- 8 cloves shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 candlenuts
- 4 cm fresh galangal or 1/4 teaspoon ground galangal
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/5 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/3 teaspoon dried shrimp paste - I skip this
- salt as desired
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon tamarind, dissolved in a small amount of water

Make it :

1. Wash chicken and drizzle with lime juice over chicken, set aside for next 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking dish.
3. Meanwhile, in a skillet, at medium high heat, add oil and saute spices paste, Indonesian bay leaves, lemongrass and kaffir leaves until fragrant.
4. Add chicken and coconut milk, stir one a while and bring to broil.
5. Reduce the heat to low medium and let cook until thicken.
6. Bake chicken for 15-20 minutes and turn the oven knob into hi-broil. Broil until the chicken surface turn a bit darker or dry.

Preparation : 10 minutes
Cooking : 35-40 minutes

Servings : 2-3 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment