Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Turkey and Vegetables Soup

This lunch, I made turkey soup.
This dish are perfect for the rainy day especially like today.

I made broth from turkey bone, like wings part and legs part.

I served this soup with Deep Fried Mashed Potatoes.

Here, I will share the recipe with you and maybe give you some ideas.

Please don't hesitate to drop me any comments or questions regarding this recipe, I need it to improve my cooking in the future. Thank you :-)

Source : my creation

What you need :

- 3 cup Turkey broth or you can substitute with another type of broth.
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 1 piece tomatoes, diced
- 1 piece potato, peeled then diced
- 1/2 cup diced cabbage
- 1 stalk green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- salt
- ground pepper
- ground nutmeg
- fried onion for garnish - available at Asian store

Make it :

1. Bring a broth into boil. Then add garlic. Let cook and simmer for another 5 minutes.
2. Add carrot, let cook until almost tender. Then add potatoes, cook until potatoes and carrot are tender.
3. Add green onion, tomato and cabbage until little bit tender and do not overdone.
4. Adjust taste with salt ,nutmeg and pepper.
5. Let simmer for another 2-3 minutes then remove from the heat.
6. Serve hot with side dishes and chili sauce. Enjoy :-)


Preparation : 5 minutes
Cooking : 20 minutes
Servings : 2-3 servings


No comments:

Post a Comment