Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Sweet and Sour Chicken and Vegetables Kebab/Satay

Are you looking for an easy and quick meal for lunch? You may consider to choose and try this recipe.

I have sweet and sour sauce that we bought from grocery store, and it's been for quite a while in the cupboard. I need to use it before going bad.

For the vegetables kebab, I use any vegetables that I find in my refrigerate. I put vegetables and the chicken in a different bamboo skewer because I don't like my vegetables over done when I cook it.

This meal turns out so good and also is easy to prepare.

Please don't hesitate to drop me any comments or questions regarding this recipe, I need it to improve my cooking in the future. Thank you :-)

Source : My creation
What do you need :

Chicken kebab
- 3 pieces chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, sliced it into bite size

Vegetables kebab
- mushroom
- sweet onion
- broccoli
- green bell pepper

- Bamboo skewers, soak them into water for about 10 minutes

Sauce
- 4 tablespoon sweet and sour sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce - optional
- white pepper
- black pepper

How to make it:
1. Combine the sauce in a small bowl. Split into a half. Grab a half of the sauce and use it to marinate the sliced chicken for 10 minutes.
2. Turn the grill on.
3. Put 3 pieces the sliced chicken into bamboo skewer and grill it until both side are brown.
4. Put the vegetables into the bamboo skewer. I grill the vegetables when the chicken is half way cooked.
5. Basting the chicken and the vegetables with remaining of the sauce.
6. Grill them until fully cooked.
7. Serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy.

Preparation : 10 minutes
Cooking : 20 minutes
Servings : 2 servings


No comments:

Post a Comment