Friday, January 23, 2009

Black Pepper Beef cooked with Green Paprika (Daging Sapi Lada Hitam Paprika)


I have never cooked before, I decided to bring a recipe book from my country and I brought some recipe's book for beginner. This is my first dish that I've made and successful also turn out so good.
So trust me, you can make this dish, too because this dish is easy from preparation until cooking process.

Here, I will share the recipe with you and maybe give you some ideas.

Please don't hesitate to drop me any comments or questions regarding this recipe, I need it to improve my cooking in the future. Thank you. :-)

Source : Chinese Food by Mary Winata, Gramedia Publiser modified by Desy

What you need :

- 300 gram beef, slice 1/2x1-inches pieces
- 1/2 onion, thinly slice
- paprika, seeded and dice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- oil for saute and fried
- 2 cloves garlic, mince
- 2 cloves onion, mince
- 1/3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 100 ml water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- salt and sugar for taste

Marinated seasoning ingredients :
- 1/3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon corn starch or tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce

Make it :

1. Combine marinated seasonings in a bowl, then add and mix with sliced beef. Set aside for 15 minutes or more. Fried until golden brown at both side. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in a hot skillet add oil and saute garlic and onion for approx 3 minutes. Then add ground ginger and saute gently for approx 1 minutes.
3. Add fried beef, saute gently then add soy sauce, black pepper, and water. Cook for 5 minutes or until water evaporated and turn heat into medium low.
4. Adjust taste with sugar and salt. Add paprika and sliced onion, saute continuously for approx 2 minutes.
5. Place into preparation dish. Serve hot with side dishes and steamed hot rice. Enjoy.

Preparation : 5 minutes
Cooking : 20 minutes

Servings : 2 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment