Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hard boiled egg with crushed chili, candlenut, and coconut milk sauce ( Telur bumbu sambel kemiri)

This dish is one of Indonesian traditional food. My grandmother cooked this for us while we was kid. This dish is perfect for warm weather.

Serving suggestion for this food is steamed rice (I served with brown rice) and Indonesian spinach clearly soup.

Here, I will share the recipe with you and maybe give you some ideas.

Please don't hesitate to drop me any comments or questions regarding this recipe, I need it to improve my cooking in the future. Thank you :-)

Source : my family recipe modified by me

What you need :

- 4 pieces hard boiled eggs, crack the shell
- 4 pieces candle nut
- 1 teaspoon sambal oeleg, available at Asian store
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 cloves garlic
- 150 ml of coconut milk

Make it :

1. Finely crushed : candle nut, garlic, salt, sugar, sambal oeleg.
2. In a hot skillet, add crushed seasoning and coconut milk. Stir and mix together.
3. Add eggs, cook for about 3 minutes. Don't forget to taste.
4. Remove from the heat, serve into prepared dish. Enjoy.

Preparation : 5 minutes
Cooking : 5 minutes

Servings : 2 servings



No comments:

Post a Comment