Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Beef Teriyaki on shredded Carrots and sliced Lettuce


This time I made beef teriyaki and the ingredients same as chicken teriyaki which I'd been posted before. 

Serving suggestion for this food is sliced carrot and lettuce, potato salad and tomatoes.

Here, I will share the recipe with you and maybe give you some ideas.

Please don't hesitate to drop me any comments or questions regarding this recipe, I need it to improve my cooking in the future. Thank you :-)

Source : my creation

What you need :

- 1 lb Rib Eye Beef, slice 1/2-inch thick piece
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper 
- 2 tablespoon sake (rice wine) - I substituted with Teriyaki sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, grated

Make it :

1. Mix all ingredients except sliced beef in a bowl.
2. Marinated the beef in the mixture for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
3. Heat some vegetable oil in a frying pan. First, fry one side of the beef on medium heat until the skin is browned.
4. Pour the sauce used to marinate beef in the pan. Cover the pan and steam cook the beef on low heat until done.
5. Remove the lid and simmer until the sauce becomes thick. Turn off the heat.
6. Place the beef into prepared dish with carrots and lettuce. Pour thickened sauce over the teriyaki beef.

Preparation : 5 minutes
Cooking : 20 minutes

Serving : 2-3 servings


No comments:

Post a Comment