Monday, October 18, 2010

BBQ Teriyaki Chicken serve with Salad

At least twice a week, I make salad to serve with baked or barbecue chicken or beef.
Before I start cooking, I checked the available ingredients in my refrigerator. I see a big bottle of Teriyaki sauce, so I decided to BBQ chicken with Teriyaki sauce. Even though I use instant Teriyaki sauce, I like to add some spices into my sauce. I like my sauce rich and thick.

Most of Asian prefer to eat rice, but most of the times I serve my dish with salad.
If you want to know how to make the salad, you can check my previous posting.

You can cook this chicken in the oven.

Here is the recipe and maybe give you some ideas.

Please don't hesitate to drop me any comments or questions regarding this recipe, I need it to improve my cooking in the future. Thank you :-)

Source: my creation

What do you need:
- 2 or 3 pieces chicken thigh, boneless (you can use any part of the chicken)

Sauce:
- 4 tablespoon Teriyaki sauce (I use Trader Joe's brand)
- 1 teaspoon Mirin
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 teaspoon ground ginger
- ground pepper corn
- ground white pepper


How to make it:
1. Mix sauce ingredients into a small bowl. Add the chicken into the mix sauce and let it marinate thoroughly for at least 15 minutes and keep it inside the refrigerator.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the grill for high heat.
3. Remove the chicken thigh from marinated and put it into the grill.
4. Grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and brush with remaining sauce.
5. Serve hot with salad or any side dishes as you wish. Enjoy!

Preparation: 2 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
Servings : 2 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment