Friday, August 14, 2009

Steamed String Beans with mushroom sauce (Buncis siram saus jamur)


I have no idea what I have to cook for lunch. I checked refrigerate have little bit of mushrooms, and string beans. I have to cook them before they're going bad.

This lunch I made Chicken with hoisim sauce and this dish as side dish. Because we need fiber in our dish, so I always try to serve vegetables in our dishes.

Here, I will share the recipe with you and maybe give you some ideas.

Please don't hesitate to drop me any comments or questions regarding this recipe, I need it to improve my cooking in the future. Thank you :-)

Source : my creation

What you need :

- 1/2 lb string beans, steamed until almost tender, set aside.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 teaspoon ground ginger or 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/3 cup water or chicken broth
- 1 stalk green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onion.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixture with water
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil + 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil for saute
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- salt
- white pepper





Make it :

1. In a hot wok, add oil+sesame oil, saute garlic and ginger for 1 minute. Add mushroom and onion, saute for 1 minute.
2. Add water/chicken broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, green onion, white pepper. Let simmer for 2 minutes. Don't forget to taste.
3. Pour mixture cornstarch+water into the sauce, stir gently until thicken. Let simmer for 1 minutes.
4. In a plate, put steamed string beans then pour the sauce over the top. Serve immediately. Enjoy.

Preparation : 10 minutes
Cooking : 10 minutes

Servings : 2 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment