Wednesday, July 15, 2009

"Santa Maria Style BBQ" Rib Eye Steak


We still have rib eye meat on freezer, we decided to cook it for dinner tonight. First, I tahwed the meat because it frozen.
On Saturday, sometimes we like to go to AG Farmers Market. I like to go to Farmers Market because you can get fresh vegetables and fruit or even flower with a good deal.

We went there and bought some vegetables for salad, I think salad is always perfect with steaks.
About the corns, I bought couple days ago at grocery store because I got a good deal.

We marinated the meat with Santa Maria Style Barbecue. You can check the similar recipe, I posted Tri-tip steak's recipe.

Here, I will share the recipe with you and maybe give you some ideas.

Please don't hesitate to drop me any comments or questions regarding this recipe, I need it to improve my cooking in the future. Thank you :-)

Source : modified by My husband


What you need :

- 2 lbs beef rib eye
- Santa Maria Suzie Q seasoning mix
- Lizano sauce - as your wish, you can skip or substitute with other sauce.

Note :
- Santa Maria Suzie Q seasoning is available at Costco, especially at Central Coast, CA.
- Lizano is vegetable seasoning mix.

Make it :

1. In a bowl, add all ingredients.Rubbing it in as you would a dry rub. Let rest for 1 hour or more at room temperature.
2. Prepare a grill with medium heat. Place the steak in the middle of hot.
3. Flip steaks with tongs. Grill steaks 6 minutes per side for medium rare.
4. When steak is done to your liking, transfer to plate.
5. Let rest for about 5 minutes to allow the meat juices to redistribute and settle before servings.
6. Serve as individual steak or slice just before serving on plate. Enjoy.


Serving Suggestion :
- Salad
- Cooked white sweet corn


Preparation : 10 minutes
Cooking : 20 minutes
Servings : 3-4 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment