Sunday, November 25, 2012

Baked Turkey - Thanksgiving 2012

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

We baked a small bird "turkey" this year. It turned out very good as always!:D
I also made garlic mashed potato, and stir-fry green beans.

Source: Turkey recipe is from Butterball website


What do you need:
1 fresh Turkey - thawed if it is frozen
1 stick of butter at room temperature- I used regular butter, so I reduced the amount of salt
2 teaspoon Marjoram
2 teaspoon Tarragon
1 teaspoon  ground Sage
Ground fresh black pepper
Ground white pepper
Salt - I reduced using it since I used regular butter
3 tablespoon lemon zest - I got the juice from a good size of lemon
2 tablespoon Dijon Mustard


How to make it:
1. In a regular size of bowl, mix all ingredients except the bird :-)
2. Preheat oven at 325 F
3.



Preparation: 15-20 minutes
Cooking: 4.5 hours (depending on the size of the bird)

No comments:

Post a Comment